Synchrony Global was recently featured in an article on digital HR transformation in the Australian magazine, Human Resources Director. The article focuses on some key steps that should be taken in order to build a solid business case for creating a digitally focused HR team.
In the article, Synchrony Global's managing director for ANZ, Scott Davidson, discussed the areas where oganisations typically look for HR help:
- Streamlining recruitment and onboarding processes to reduce time and cost of hiring and bringing new staff up to speed quickly
- Enabling paperless workflows for requests, approvals and feedback via any web-connected device
- Enabling strong coordination of all organisational training and therefore reducing training costs
- Aligning employees though performance and goals management
- Identifying and developing high-performers through succession management
- Managing core processes like payroll efficiently
The article also convered five key tips for HR professional looking to convince CFOs to invest in a digtial human capital management system:
- Understand the whole business direction and strategy and how the project aligns to it.
- Identify the real buyer (if not the CFO) and understand how to influence outcomes with them and what ROI they will be looking for. Some CFOs and CEOs are much more understanding of intangibles like better employee engagement than others.
- Understand the approval process (finance, IT, procurement).
- Know the impacts to work, worker and workplace.
- Communicate function improvement as a tangible value.
The article also touches on the benefits to adopting a digital HCM, successful adoption, and how to start the jounrey. Click on the link below to download a PDF version of the full article.